This is the fourth chapter in Mary le Chef: Cooking Passion.
Level 31 - Fresh Start
- Morey, Mary and Peter enter the market.
- Luigi: UNGRATEFUL SWINE!
- Luigi's brother: STUBBORN MULE!
- Luigi: I'm a' closing my restaurant so I can travel Italy for the summer.
- Luigi: My brother here promised to run it for me while I'm a' gone, but now he says he's "too busy".
- Luigi: So I made him a' promise that you and Morey can a' work here.
- Luigi: APE!
- Luigi: Don' tell him I said this, but he is a genius.
- Luigi: You'll learn things about flavor, freshness and seasonality that you can't learn anywhere else!
- Mary and Luigi hug.
- Luigi gave Morey a hug.
- Luigi: FOOL!
- Luigi's brother: DOG!
- Luigi gave his brother a hug.
- Luigi: I love you - see you at the reunion.
- Morey: Sniff! I wish I had a brother.
- Peter: I'll see you later, babe - I start my first shift at The Country Mouse in an hour.
- Mary gives Peter a kiss. Then Peter leaves.
After the level
- Mary works the table while Jennifer enters the market.
- Jennifer: I have news! Come, sit down.
- Jennifer and Mary sat down.
- Jennifer: I'm leaving Gottleib to start my own firm.
- Mary: Wow!
- Jennifer: I'm taking two small clients with me - Gottleib won't even notice they're gone.
- Mary: That's awesome!
- Mary: What pushed you over the edge?
- Jennifer: You, sort of.
- Jennifer: I'm sick of the grind - working 80 hours a week, billing every waking hour of my life to a client.
- Jennifer: I always felt like a square peg in a round hole there - and I didn't like the person it was making me become.
- Jennifer: I need more balance in my life - time to sing...
- Jennifer: ...to get married, maybe even a kid one day. We'll see.
- Jennifer: Gotta run - but I want you to know that if you pass the bar, I can have a job waiting for you.
- Mary: Oh, thank you! My parents will be SO relieved to hear that!
- Jennifer: Study hard - I'll come by and help you when I can.
- Jennifer leaves the market.
Level 32 - Family Relations
- Luigi's brother: My brother speaks a' very highly of you.
- Mary: Thanks!
- Luigi's brother: Except for the dancing - he told me never to watch you dance unless I wanted nightmares.
- Luigi's brother: I suppose he told you all about me?
- Mary: Er… actually I didn't even know he had a brother.
- Luigi's brother: I need you to watch for delivery person, got it?
- Mary: You bet.
During the level
- Mary keeps an eye out for the delivery guy to accept.
After the level
- Mary opens the letter!
- Morey: Bad news?
- Mary: No... No, not really. It's just that I finally have a date and time for my bar exam.
- Mary: It's coming up soon. Sooner than I thought.
- There was Morey's dad came into the market.
- Morey's dad: Morey! There you are! Why haven't you returned any of my calls? Your mother's sick with worry!
- Morey: Uh... Hey, Dad.
- Morey's dad: Morey, he time has come for you to forget this mashugana showbiz dream of yours, and join the family business.
- Morey: B- but you said I had a year to try and make it??
- Morey's dad: Yeah, well - your mother wants me to retire before then.
- Morey: I DON'T want to sell granite countertops, Dad!
- Morey's dad: Those countertops pay for your lifestyle, young man!
- Morey: Not anymore they don't! I support myself, now.
- Morey's dad: Oh really? Well you didn't pay for that fiddle - it cost ME a fortune!
- Morey's dad took the violin away and leaves.
- Morey: It's a VIOLIN, not a fiddle!
Level 33 - Always Room For Dessert
- Mary enters the market. Richard enters with the books.
- Mary: Dad!
- Mary and her dad hug.
- Richard: I ran into Jennifer - she told me you've been studying hard for the bar.
- Mary: It's coming up soon. I'm actually considering putting it off until fall.
- Richard: Why would you do that?
- Mary: I'd rather just take it once and pass, then have to go through this twice.
- Richard: You're a Vanderworth - the law is in our blood! Of course you'll pass.
- Richard places the books.
- Richard: Here - I dug up some old textbooks to help you study.
- Mary: Thanks, Dad. Hey! How about I make you some lunch?
- Richard: I'm sorry, dear… They've called an emergency board meeting at the firm.
- Mary: Emergency, huh? Did the office run out of vermouth or something?
- Richard kisses Mary on her forehead.
- Richard: I'll have to take a rain check on that lunch...
- Richard leaves the market.
During the level
- Mary clears the books from the table, moves the book to the barrel.
After the level
- Mary studies the law.
- Morey: Hey, Mary! I've been working on some new jokes. Wanna hear?
- Morey: Ahem! What's a frog's favorite soda pop?
- Morey: Croak-a-cola!
- Morey: Get it? CROAK-a-cola?
- Mary pleases.
- Morey: You're right - it needs more work.
- Peter enters the market.
- Mary: Hey! How was the Country Mouse?
- PEter: I quit.
- Mary's scared.
- Peter: I spent a day in their kitchen and realized it just wasn't for me.
- Mary: Gee, a whole day, huh? What happened, you get passed over for a promotion?
- Peter: C'mon, I'll tell you all about it over some dessert.
- Mary: Alright, but I can't stay out long. I have to study.
- Peter and Mary leave for a date.
Level 34 - Safe With The Law
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.